Monday, May 18, 2009

Specialty Papers

Happy Monday everyone and welcome to the CCEE Stampers blog. It's time for another fun challenge are you ready to play??

This week our challenge hostess Deb challenged us to make a card using any specialty type of paper. Some possibilities....vellum, acrylic, foil, flocked, metallics...anything beyond the typical cardstock and printed designer papers. (you know, those papers you bought because they were so beautiful and unusual, then put them in a folder and never used...oh wait, that was me). the rest of the materials is up to you, as long as you have some of the specialty paper somewhere on your card.

Sound like a fun challenge!


So are you going to play along this week??? All you have to do is create a card using some type of specialty type paper (vellum, acrylic, foil, flocked, metallics etc). Once you have created your card/project come back here and place a comment with a link to your card/project to this post so that we can see what you created. If you upload your card/project to SCS don't forget to include the keyword CCEEC. We can't wait to see what you create!

OK now it i s time to check out what the CCEE Stampers created this week.


Dawn Lusk - Dawn ..... A New Day


Cindy Haffner - Cindy Haffner's Corner






Tosh Leyendekker - Stamp Talk with Tosh




Cindy Motherway - This is My Story



Deb Mills - Feeding My Soul

Embossing on lavender vellum



Carolyn King - My Blog



Charlene Merrick - Where m&m's Gather



I used mulberry paper for the center of my flower on the topnote die purse box and outlining the oval on the card.



Well that's it for another week, don't forget to come back again next week

10 comments:

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

WOW! Great cards and projects!

raindropecho said...

Everyone did such a great job on their creations. I love this idea of using specialty paper because I think sometimes we get too comfortable with using the same media.

You can see my card here

Kristen H said...

Here is my card! Everyone’s cards are great, as usual. Thank you for another fine challenge!!! Have a great week

Mothermark said...

Hey guys...your cards are wonderful! They are all really fun csrds! Thank you for not buzzing my invisible card. Its hard working with that invisible specialty paper! Sometimes I can't even see what I created! Yikes!

So sorry I dropped the ball on this!

Sandra MacLean said...

Invisible paper!! LOL Great samples this week ladies! Thanks for forcing me to use my specialty paper! Here's my card:

http://paperfuntastics.blogspot.com/2009/05/bubble-pop-fizz.html

Sabrina said...

I enjoyed looking at these earlier in the week. So today and last night I got out some special papers. Thanks, Dawn, for the motivation to use my velvet paper and stop just thinking about using it :D.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Ladies - what a great challenge - I love going back to thinks I don't use everyday...gets those spider webs out of the cupboard - well, maybe not in this case...as you can see here:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1354824?cat=500&ppuser=179849

Thank you for looking and the opportunity to play!! Have a great day - God bless you!!

Vickilyn said...

Just found your blog and jumped in on the challenge!!

http://paperhugs.blogspot.com/2009/05/two-cards.html

Thanks for the inspiration!

Darlene said...

Wow .. it has certainly been a while since I played the challenge here ... I've certainly missed you all!!!
This was great fun ... thanks for MAKING me use some of my "too pretty to use" paper!!
Here is my creation: http://cceestampers.blogspot.com/2009/05/specialty-papers.html
Hope you like it and it will be in my SCS gallery later today! Thanks again ladies ... hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend!!

Mary's Creatieve verslavings Blog said...

Great work of the Design Team!

You can see my creation on:
http://angelscreatieveverslavingblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/happy-easter-with-briley.html

Have a nice easter weekend,

Mary