Monday, June 9, 2008

Dots and Gingham!!

It's Monday, and that means it's time to upload a card that I was challenged to make by Cindy Haffner for our CCEE group. This week we were to make a card with polka dots and gingham ribbon. I, being the blonde that I am (well, my roots are...) made a card for next weeks challenge instead, (we get the whole month ahead of time) so I guess I'm a week ahead now. That's why I'm late to the arrival today. Today is my In-Law's 53rd wedding anniversary, so I made this card this morning.

I started off by picking out my paper (had to have polka dots) and went from there with the colors and images. This gorgeous paper is from My Minds Eye...the textures, colors, and prints are all soooo gorgeous. I got them at my local LSS and am in LOVE. You'll be seeing a lot from me with these papers, cause I can't get enough of them. This card uses the papers called Je Taime from the Tres Jolie line. YUM!!

The piercing was done with a piercing template that I got from Ellen Hutson's webstore, and the scallops were made with my slit punch from Stampin up. The small scallops along the bottom were done with an adaptable blade for my paper trimmer. Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Stamps - Hero Arts Treasure the Moments
Paper - My Minds Eye
Ink - Adirondack Slate
Accessories - Charm (Heart & Soul), Pearls, Primas, Corner Ticket Punch, Slit Punch, Gingham Ribbon (Stampin' Up)

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Tosh love this, awesome job on my challenge, so glad you were able to get it done today.

Mothermark said...

Thanks for answering my question about the piercing at the bottom...I was wondering about that! It is way, way cool.....

Happy 53rd to your mom-in-law!(and I thought I have been married a long time at 33 years! Wow!)

Your card is awesome and in compliance I might add! I am jeolous that your card for next week is already done!

StampOwl said...

wonderful Tosh ... and you weren't the only one who did the wrong card as you might see if you read Dawns post LOL.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

So very beautiful, Tosh! Love the flourishy piercing!