Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Polkadots and Gingham!



I absolutely love the challenge given to us by Cindy Haffner to make a card using polkadots and gingham ribbon! Two of my favorite items for cards!

I used SU's Spring dp in the polkadots to cover my scalloped piece of chipboard and then sponged the edges in Close to Cocoa. I tied the gingham ribbon on the one side and then I taped another piece of the ribbon underneath the large scallop and behind the dp to make it appear as though it is one piece of ribbon being used.

I also used SU's Spring dp and my 3/4" square punch for the corners by cutting them in half and then sponging them in Close to Cocoa.

I stamped Enjoy Your Day from SU's Riveting set, covered the center with a brown button, and inserted two pink brads on each side of the button.

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Lookin' good Charlene, hope you had fun at the wedding, Love your card, super job.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I love these yummy colors Charlene!! And your layout is fabulous!! Awesome job with this challenge!! This card is GORGEOUS!!

Hope you had fun at the wedding too!

Anonymous said...

Whoo! Hoo! You are back! This is so cool...I love the colors....love the BIG polka dots! I am happy you are home but sad you can't get on the stinkin' internet!!!! Do you need me to make a phone call to your local internet provider??????
Awesome card Charlene!!!

StampOwl said...

Pretty card Charlene ... love the colors and your polka dotted flower. Enjoy your day too!